- The experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain.
- Topped by a Benedictine Monastery, Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona.
- On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations.
- Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks.
- It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta who is the patron saint of Catalonia.
- Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history and ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years. Board the Sant Joan Railway to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna.
- The tour will continue a soft hike replete with verdant beauty while you admire a scenic landscape in Montserrat Natural Park.
- To recover some energy after the hiking, you will taste the typical Catalan pastry, “coca de Montserrat”.
- The sweetest way to end this wonderful tour is that you will have free time to visit the farmers market, the cafe and the souvenirs stores.
- At the end, you will meet your guide again to go back to the bus on the way back to Barcelona.
- Please, be at the check in point 15 minutes before departure time.
- On high occupancy days, the Rack Railway will be used instead of the Aerial Cable Car
- This activity is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue.
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour.
- In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
- There is a minimum number of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish.
- If this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English.
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances.
- Changes and cancelations before 24 hours are free of charge.
- For Changes or Cancelations Less than 24 hours or No Show, there will be no refunds.
Equipment and clothing
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
The photos merely illustrate the experience and are not legally binding representations.
Contact Isla de Regalos for any questions regarding this experience and its conditions before purchasing.