- The experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain, topped by a Benedictine Monastery.
- Montserrat is an ideal trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona.
- Observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna.
- On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations.
- Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks.
- It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta who is the patron saint of Catalonia.
- Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history and ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years.
- A bus will take you to Farmhouse where you will have lunch from farm to table based in a delicious 2-course menu; first course salad, second course combination of barbecue (vegetarian and halal option) and dessert with stunning views.
- In August the restaurant will not be the usual, but you will be able to appreciate the views of Montserrat.
- Once this massif is observed from a distance, it is easier to understand the importance of this mountain when it comes to influencing the traditions and culture of the regions that surround it.
- The plans and terraces of the Farmhouse have been cultivated for hundreds of years.
- At present there are 2,700 trees of the varieties of the area, which are the Palomar and the Vera.
- After this full day of adventures you will return to the center of Barcelona.
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time.
- This activity is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue.
- Let us know at the time of booking if any dietary restrictions or allergies
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances.
- You must book beforehand after purchasing the experience.
Equipment and clothing
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
The photos merely illustrate the experience and are not legally binding representations.
Contact Isla de Regalos for any questions regarding this experience and its conditions before purchasing.